Current Ministry Location-Maryknoll Sisters Center, New York
Sister Camille entered Maryknoll on September 6, 1945 from the Parish of St. Patrick, at Dansville, New York. She received her RN degree from St Joseph’s Hospital School of Nursing in Elmira, NY in 1945 and her BS degree in 1972 from Mary Rogers College. Sister Camille also received her Masters Degree in Religious Studies from the Maryknoll School of Theology in 1980.
Sister Camille’s first assignment was to the Philippines at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Manapla, Negros Occidental, from 1948-1955. She was nursing supervisor in the Medical Surgical and Pediatric Wards. She served in the operating room and clinic at the isolation unit.
From 1955-1959, Sister Camille worked in the infirmary at the Motherhouse and later at our Bethany Residence. At the same time, she also volunteered at the promotion office and the collection desk.
In 1959, Sister Camille was assigned to Guatemala. Her ministry was at the Colegio Monte Maria in Guatemala City, where she was assistant director of the boarding school, school nurse and the Sisters’ Infirmarian. At the same time, Sister Camille taught English and Health to the Junior College students.
In 1963, Sister Camille worked at San Pedro Necta, Huehuetenango and was clinic nurse, assisting in the care on another Maryknoll Sister. She also gave religion classes in the public school. After six months, she went to Jacaltenango, where she organized the operating room in the new hospital and was in charge of the training and preparation of staff. Sister Camille also did religious and solidarity work in the parish. In 1967, Sister Camille returned to St. Joseph’s Hospital, in the Philippines as a staff nurse.
Sister Camille went back to the Maryknoll Sisters Center and worked at the Maryknoll Overseas Service as assistant director, librarian and assistant editor from 1972-1984. In 1985 , Sister Camille was assigned to the Maryknoll Sisters Archives.
From 1987-1992, Sister Camille worked in Mission Projects Funding and in 1994, she began serving in the Sacristy. She remained active in the New York Archdiocese Catechetical Program.
From 2007 until the present, Sister Camille remains at the Maryknoll Sisters Center.