Become a Maryknoll Sister Today
Maryknoll Sisters are women of faith committed to the mission of Jesus so God’s love, peace and justice may be proclaimed, witnessed to, received, suffered for and celebrated throughout the world.
As missioners, we cross geographic boundaries engaging and valuing diversities of cultures, societies, races and religions. We seek to respond to the hungers and needs of the times: human trafficking, immigration issues, ecological concerns, peace, spiritual hunger and reconciliation.
We offer our talents and expertise while being life-long learners and collaborators with the people to whom we go. We express our vocation through our presence and services as medical professionals, teachers, theologians, social workers, pastoral ministers, journalists, therapists, promoters of peace and trauma healing, supporters of indigenous rights, artists, earth and cosmic care advocates, community developers, and partners in prayer.
Our Sisters come from 30 countries and serve in 24 nations around the world. Our life-long commitment is sustained by community living through vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.
You can be among women from many nations and diverse cultural backgrounds responding to the call to mission as a Maryknoll Sister.
- Do you sense a call to commit yourself to God through community?
- Do you have a passion for witnessing to the love and God in cross-cultural mission?
- Are you a single Catholic woman, between 23 – 35 years old, in good health?
Interested? Contact Us
Sr. Maureen Hanahoe
Vocation Ministry, Maryknoll Sisters
P.O. Box 311
Maryknoll, New York 10545-0311
Telephone: 914-941-7575, Ext. 5612
Did You Know?
- Maryknoll Sisters were the first group of Catholic Sisters in the United States to devote their lives in service overseas.
- Now in our second century, we continue as pioneers – women on the world’s geographical frontiers moving toward new understandings of the human condition.
Sr. Lourdes Fernandez, M.M. (Philppines)
Sr. Maureen Hanahoe, M.M. (Maryknoll, NY)
Sr. Norma Pocasangre, M.M. (Monrovia, CA)
Sr. Gloria Tamayo, M.M. (Chicago, IL)