Award winning Author and Presenter, Diarmuid O’Murchu will be traveling to the States for the last time! The Mission Institute is pleased to announce his program on February 5-10, 2023. Come join in the celebration and his final in person Mission Institute program, click here!
Diarmuid will also be receiving the Mission Institute Award for his stimulating contributions and insights during the many years of presenting at the Maryknoll Mission Institute.(1998-2023)
Diarmuid Program: Empowering God’s People in Synodality and Mission
(February 5th-10th, 2023)
On Oct. 10, 2021, Pope Francis formally opened a two-year process called “a synod on synodality.” The intention is that bishops around the world will consult with everyone, initiating a process of consultation-and-discussion, in the hope of creating together a Church that will be more “synodal” in its leadership and governance.
The concept of empowering God’s people is the key to mission, within which we develop and foster an understanding of synodality that involves everyone, embracing not merely people in their desire for a more communal church, but also all other beings with whom we share the web of life. The missionary calling in the 21st century is about a synodal communal process inclusive of all God’s creation.
Register Here for Diarmuid’s Program
Registration Information for ALL Programs
Cost of 5 day Programs at Maryknoll, NY:
- Registration/Deposit: $60.00
- Tuition: $200.00
- Room & Board: $90 per day
- Registration/Deposit is not refundable. Only one registration fee is required per year.
Registration for May-July 2023 Programs Are Now Open, Register Below!
Revolution of the Heart: The Witness of Dorothy Day 90th Anniversary of the Catholic Worker (May 21-26, 2023)
Fullness of Life ~ Living in Wellness (June 11-16, 2023)
Here We Are ~ Splinters of Humanity / Fragments of Divinity: Encountering God in Film (June 18-23, 2023)
Leadership as Living in the Spirit: Practicing the Presence of God (June 25-30, 2023)
Nonviolence: The Connecting Thread in Our Work for the New Creation (July 9-14, 2023)
Ecomartyrdom In the Americas: Living And Dying For Our Common Home (July 16-21, 2023)
Mission Institute Programs
The Maryknoll Mission Institute is an educational ministry sponsored by the Maryknoll Sisters Congregation which provides continuing education and renewal programs for missioners and others engaged in cross-cultural ministries in their local churches. All Churches and cultures are welcome. We invite you to join us for an ongoing educational program for missioners and others engaged in cross-cultural ministries in their local churches!
- To be a forum of adult learning and reflection on world church and mission;
- To be a setting of mutuality for peoples of faith and diverse cultures;
- To design and implement a series of one-week residential programs which explore in-depth the key dimensions of current mission studies;
- To provide a center for missioners and cross-cultural ministers to reflect on their experiences, share, and worship with others in a community environment;
- To invite presenters known for their experience, expertise and gifts in animating discussion and dialogue on contemporary trends in mission response to the real and felt needs of the global community.
DIRECTOR: 914-941-0783 ext 5671 [email protected]
BUSINESS MANAGER: 914-941-0783 ext 5617 [email protected]
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR: 914-941-0783 ext 5631 [email protected]
HOSPITALITY COORDINATOR: 914-941-7575 ext 5738 [email protected]