Sister Marilyn Jean Graf, M.M.
Current Ministry Location-Maryknoll Sisters Center
A native of Lemont, Illinois, Sister Marilyn entered Maryknoll in 1956. Having studied business and secretarial subjects before joining the Congregation, Sister Marilyn began her service to Maryknoll in the Center’s administration offices.
In 1960, Sister Marilyn was assigned to Guatemala, where she would spend the next five years teaching commercial subjects at Monte Maria College.
After another four years of service back in the United States, first at the Maryknoll Fathers promotion office and then in the travel and shipping offices at the Maryknoll Sisters Center. In 1969, Sister Marilyn was sent to the Palauan Islands in the South Pacific, where she taught religion, typing, office practice, and English at Jesuit High School, always a cheerful and dedicated presence in the lives of her students.
Sister Marilyn then spent five years assisting in the Maryknoll Fathers’ administration before going back to Guatemala for another nine years of devoted education ministry. In 1989, Sister Marilyn found it necessary to return home for family ministry.
After offering another three years of secretarial service at the Center, Sister Marilyn was assigned in 1993 to Thailand, where she devoted herself to her new role as English-speaking secretary to the local bishop. During the eleven years that Sister Marilyn spent here, she also helped to teach English to seminarians.
Returning to the Maryknoll Sisters Center in 2005, Sister Marilyn served as secretary to the Maryknoll Sisters Leadership Team for two years before being assigned to Monrovia, CA. She resided at the Maryknoll Sisters House in Monrovia until 2014, then returned to the Maryknoll Sisters Center to do secretarial work for the Maryknoll Sisters Leadership Team again.