Sister Rosemary was born August 3rd, 1931 in Borden, Indiana to Mary Catherine (Koetter) Huber and Joseph H. Huber. She grew up with 6 brothers and 4 sisters on the family farm in Starlight, IN. She graduated in 1949 from the Academy of the Immaculate Conception at the Benedictine Monastary in Ferdinand, IN.
After four years of employment with Huber and Huber Express in Louisville, KY, Sister Rosemary entered the Maryknoll Sisters Congregation at their Novitiate in Valley Park, MO in 1954. She pronounced First Vows September 8th, 1956 in Valley Park and Final Vows September 8th, 1962 at the Center in NY.
Sister Rosemary holds a Bachelor of Science in Education from Maryknoll Teacher’s College in New York (1963) and a Master’s degree in Hospital Administration from St. Louis University (1965). Also in 1965, she interned in Medical and Health at St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI.
In 1965, Sister Rosemary received her first mission assignment to Pusan, Korea, where she worked part time at Maryknoll Hospital. She also served with the Cooperative Education Institute in Seoul, becoming a full-time staff member in the position of international coordinator.
In 1972, Sister Rosemary was assigned to Indonesia, where she served on the board of the Indonesia Preventive Dentistry Clinic, then as a consultant at Hasan Sadikin Hospital in Bandung, Indonesia, where she was responsible for a 1,000-bed hospital. She also was a consultant at different hospitals in Indonesia, both government and Catholic institutions, doing extensive traveling in Irian Jaya.
In 1990, with four other Maryknoll Sisters, she moved to East Timor, where she served in medical and pastoral roles. Assigned to Nepal in 1998, she was administrative officer at Patan Academy of Health and Sciences Hospital, a teaching hospital in Patan, Nepal.
Over the years, Sister Rosemary has served in various capacities at the Maryknoll Sisters Center in between her overseas mission assignments. She served as director of Congregational Health Services and manager of the Maryknoll Sisters Communications Office. She also served a four-year term as coordinator of the Maryknoll Sisters Retirement Community in Monrovia, CA.
In January, 2011, she returned to the Maryknoll Sisters Center, Maryknoll, NY where she is retired.