How can you waste less water? Follow these simple tips!
• Don’t use running water to thaw food. Defrost food in the refrigerator.
• Keep a pitcher of drinking water in the refrigerator instead of running the tap.
• When washing dishes by hand, don’t let the water run. Fill one basin with wash water and the other with rinse water.
• Don’t leave the water running while you brush your teeth.
• Plug the sink instead of running the water to rinse your razor..
• When washing your hands, turn the water off while you lather.
• Be sure to test your toilet for leaks at least once a year.
• Wash cars/boats with a bucket, sponge, and hose with self-closing nozzle.
• Plant drought-resistant trees and plants.
• Check your sprinkler system frequently and adjust sprinklers so only your lawn is watered and not the house, sidewalk, or street.